Friday, October 24, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Thanks to my friend Caryn, you all get to know seven facts about me whether you like it or not!



1. I am a freak about ironing. I could care less about other's clothing, but if I am wearing it or it is being put on my child, it better be ironed! I have been known to iron the top part of sheets (so it lays nice and pretty when folded back!) and just this morning laughed at myself while ironing Landon's school t-shirt.......TO GO TO THE ARBORETUM! Are you kidding me? Nope, I am not - I am a nut and well aware of it!




2. I love a good nap. Let me define "good nap" for you......actually getting in my pj's, crawling in bed and sleeping 2+ hours with the ringers/cell phone turned off. In my personal opinion, it is not considered a nap unless it is at least that long! I cannot nap on the couch, the floor, a chair - it HAS to be my bed. The only negative to this - I very rarely get to nap anymore. So sad!




3. I was the mascot for my high school. Yes ladies and gentlemen - THE MIDWAY PANTHER! I like to tell myself that it wasn't dorky (can I still use that word?) and that I really was cool, but looking back......I am not so sure!



4. I am not a traveler. I do like to get away every once in a while, but I would prefer to take everyone that I love with me. I have no desire to ever go to England or anywhere that requires me to be in a plane for longer than a few hours. Short, three or four day vacations with my hubby or family - right up my alley!



5. I love, love, love peanut butter and chocolate. Not just peanut butter. Not just chocolate. You have to put the two together! Ask any of my Jr. High/High School friends and they can tell you that I didn't go a day without a package of Reese's peanut butter cups! Want to find a way straight to my heart - just pick me up a pint of Baskin Robbins peanut butter and chocolate ice cream!



6. I have always loved little babies! From about the age of 2 and on, I have adored the tiny ones! I used to tell my parents I wanted to have 13 babies and move to Hong Kong. (no idea where the Hong Kong thing came from!) Thank goodness God knew I just needed three and that we could live right here in the good ole' USA! They tell stories of me walking up to complete strangers in restaurants and asking to hold their babies. AND - those complete strangers usually let me! (which is nuts.....I would never pass my baby off to some kid I had never laid eyes on!)



7. I am a very cheap date! (my husband loves this about me!) I do not like fancy food, don't drink wine, etc. etc. My ideal dinner would be going to a local chain restaurant and then out for ice cream. Brad works in a job that has him go to fancy dinners/functions with customers and I honestly dread those! He usually has to drive through Taco Bell on our way home because the one funky green bean that I ate at the fancy dinner didn't do it for me.

2 comments:

Katy said...

I am SO with you on the nap thing! ;)

angie said...

ironing???what's that-j/k I could use a little more of that impluse in me!!!