Monday, December 8, 2008

A Little Bragging

OK - I have to share a picture of the new table for the Brown kids. I cannot take the credit for the precious idea. My friend Karen Necciai made an oilcloth covered table for her girls and I fell in love with it. (Hers was stained and had a white with pink polka dot top....so, so cute!) I asked her permission first to be a copycat and make one for Landon, Reagan and Payton! The next step was to convince our family handyman (Mr. Britton!) that we needed him to help us. Well....with the help of his father-in-law, the sweet thing ran with the idea and had the raw table made in a matter of hours. (He used an old table and chopped the legs off and then just made a new top to match the dimensions I asked for!) We decided to go with the black/white look since we have both boys and girls in this house. Brad worked all last night painting the legs and getting it ready for me to add the oilcloth this morning. I simply used a staple gun to attach the oilcloth. I have to be honest.....I am pretty proud of the turnout! Reagan and I have already played "restaurant" and have plans to eat our lunch there this afternoon.
The table is ready for paint and oilcloth!

The finished product!

4 comments:

angie said...

SOOOO Cute!! Way to go, so crafty:)

shannonmichaelis said...

seems within my realm of creativity - i love it!

Caryn said...

What a PRECIOUS table and idea. So easy to clean so cute!! I LOVE it...my spash mat, might have a second calling :)

The Junods said...

Uh...that's super cute. I need a table. That I can do. Where did you get the chairs?