Seriously? First grade? When did this happen? When did my little boy become old enough to be starting his 1st grade year? It is simply nuts! I have to be honest. As much as I would like to say that Landon (and his mommy for that matter) has been so excited for school to start, I just cannot. The truth is, we both have been sort of dreading its beginning and wishing for a few more lazy days of summer. Landon has never been my "let's try something new" kind of kid and Brad and I are really working with him on that. SO - I had to put on my big girl panties and pretend to be super excited about his first day of 1st grade! It helped a little and he did get out of the house this morning with a smile on his face and a skip in his step. Then....he got to school and wasn't so sure about it all. We decided it would be best for Daddy to take him (because we don't get to walk them into their rooms in 1st grade...just to the cafeteria...what?) so he didn't get worked up telling Reagan, Payton and me good-bye. I still think that was a good idea, although it killed me to see them driving off on his first day of school without me! I am counting down the minutes until I can go pick him up! I am hoping and praying for a smile and "I had a great day, Mom!" when he gets to the car!
Before I post pictures of this morning, let's take a stroll down memory lane. (Thanks, Angie, for the idea when you did the post about Ryan!)
Ready for Parkway Hills
3-year-old preschool
(It was tough telling Batman good-bye that morning!)
Still at Parkway Hills....but off to the 4-year-old class!
sweet sister hugs
Thumbs up for the first day of Kindergarten
Poor guy...one day he is NOT going to want to get his picture taken by the sign while everyone is walking in around him. But - I will get it while I can! 
Now for today!
Here is our 1st Grader!!!
I made him do this (you can see the goofy smile on his face) so I could compare it with last year's thumbs up picture.

Man, I love the two boys in my life!

Year #2 in front of the school sign!

This is Mrs. Kern. She is his new teacher and we can already tell that we are going to love her! (Landon looks like he has an issue with hugs in this picture, huh?)

LP,
Daddy and I are more proud of you than you can even imagine! You are going to have the greatest 1st grade year and we cannot wait to see what all you accomplish! Remember who gives you the confidence you need to be bold and brave this year. Have fun, be a good friend to everyone and learn lots! We love you little man!
5 comments:
Tears are swelling in my eyes! Seriously! Is that we MUST do! I don't want to! You are such a big girl for sending him off with Brad. It was best but for the BIRDS! My Brooks is just like that. I can't even imagine! Way 2 go LP and Mommy!! I'm sure the day was great!
May I borrow your big girl panties for Wednesday when I send my baby boy to first grade?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Shannon, your first grader is SO handsome!!! He is just precious and I loved the stroll down memory lane. I bet he had a wonderful day!!!
You are such a sweet mommy! Love you girl!
Yay for you Landon. What a grown up First Grader you are!!! Oh Shannon seeing baby Landon made me tear up. He looks SO much older this year than last year! And the fact that you didn't get to take him (which I agree was the best plan) just breaks my heart for you!!! I know that you are ready for Saturday morning. I hope that you have a great rest of the week. I'm Proud of you for being such an awesome mommy!
Cannot. imagine. not. taking. my. son. to. his. first. day. of. school! What a trooper! I cannot believe that you have a child that is old enough to be in first grade! Yikes! Sweet boy looks so grown up and handsome. Here's hoping for a great first day...
He is such a doll. And i cant believe how much older he look in just 1 year! Dont worry mom, i think he will be just fine.
Post a Comment