Reagan had her Grand
Prix Race Day at preschool on Tuesday. This is the 4
th car the Brown family has created and I have found that each year it gets a little bit easier. I think this is because I have come to the conclusion that it really is more fun (and the whole point of it all) to just let the kids do the creating! Reagan and I literally walked the isles of Hobby Lobby with the "butterfly theme" in mind and she picked exactly what she wanted. We got home, she painted her box (after I used the
exacto knife and cut the box and wings) and decided exactly how she wanted the wings to look. It was not near as stressful as years past and to be honest, this mommy and daddy had a much better time in the process! I didn't get any good pictures of the actual event because my camera was not on the right setting the entire time...UGH! Here are few pictures of Reagan and her precious creation!
She's hard at work painting that box!

It's time to add the eyes, nose and smile!
Here she is! She was so proud of her blue ribbon (that each child won!) and loved getting to race her butterfly. 
5 comments:
That is the cutest butterfly and the cutest little girl wearing it!!! SO perfect! I love it!!!
So cute!!! I love that tradition at Mrs. Jerry's school! Reagan and AM remind me so much of each other! Even Sean said it the other day! ;) Miss y'all...
That butterfly is the best and especially because R picked it all out and helped create the masterpiece. Its really a shame you forgot your camera...Sounds like you kicked some A, I mean tail (it was at a baptist church). Seriously, I mean you might as well get your competition on at preschool :) Nice wheels mom. I'da benn right there with ya. This ain't no rodeo! Show em what you're made of and blog about it next time!
LOVE the butterfly racer!!! I am hoping that Stacey can be a little more involved next year, spray paint can is a little hard for a four-year-olds hands - so I think you were spot on with the paint brush instead. Wish we could have raced together so I could have seen her in action!
Nice work! That is a super cute butterfly, and you can tell how proud R is. Wonderful job!
Post a Comment