There is nothing in the world like a new baby, especially when that new baby belongs to one of your very best friends. My BFF Blake went into labor (a month early!) on Tuesday night. This sweet girl was ready and so was her mommy! I loved being there for most of the night. I had two sick babies at home and around 12:40, when she was supposedly just at a 6, I packed up and headed out. (I was very anxious about leaving because I knew as soon as I did, that girl would make her appearance!) Sure enough, McClain Elizabeth entered this world at 1:02am! I am trying not to hold a grudge with a newborn baby, but when she gets a little older we will have words about this!
I really think it should be against the law to look this beautiful before giving birth!
My Bestie Blake
Blake and her oldest, Avery
Avery, Mop and Hudson (Blake's mom and kids)
I have known these two monkeys their entire lives and have never seen them so wound up! It was hysterical! They were ready to meet their new little sister!
Here she is! Remember when I said that she was a month early? Well...she tipped the scales at 8lbs 8oz and was 22in long! She is every bit of perfect and we are so thankful she is here! That's just 4 extra bonus weeks that we get to love on her!
Look at those beautiful long fingers and toes!
This, my friends, is what Aunt Shannon looks like at 7:30 in the morning. I got up there before Brad headed off to work just to get to hold her for a few minutes. Blake is one of the only friends I would ever come visit that early in the morning! Don't worry, I made sure she was awake before I got there! I was almost certain McClain was just as anxious to meet me as I was to meet her! (So Sorry Blake and Rich!)
Let me apologize in advance for how often you will see your Aunt Shannon. Your mommy, Aunt Angie and I tend to spend a LOT of time together and that means our kids are forced upon each other as well. Please know how much I already love you and cannot wait to get to know you more. Get some rest these next few days because I am sure we will all be back together next week! Love you to pieces precious girl!
3 comments:
What a sweet post!!! Nothing like a B/F/F like that, uh? YES, your friend does look way too beautiful! And what a beautiful baby girl. I love her name!
Great post!!! What a sweet baby! Aren't they just a miracle???
Aw how stinkin cute! U will make a great Auntie to miss McClain!
ps-u still look great w/ no makeup :)
Post a Comment