Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had a fantastic Easter weekend! The kids and I spent Thursday through Saturday in Waco with Doc and Mimi and then headed back home to be at our church for Easter Sunday. Pops and Lucy met us at church and then were able to come back to the house to eat and have a little egg hunt. All in all, the weekend was pretty close to perfect!

One of the bonuses of being in Waco for a couple of days was getting to see my cousins! They were in from Lubbock for Peyton's (one of the big reasons I liked the name so much for our Payton!) tennis tournament. She is a STUD tennis player and we were so excited to get to watch one of her matches!
Lindsey, Emily (twins) and Peyton
Landon and Reagan with the tennis star
It was a beautiful afternoon and the kids loved being outside!
This is the only shot I got of Doc and Mimi this weekend! We enjoyed an Easter egg hunt in Aunt Alli's backyard!
Easter morning, our breakfast consisted of CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE AND MORE CHOCOLATE!!
Sorting through baskets
This girl loves books! The Easter Bunny brought Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?! I guess he knew Landon's old copy was thrown out due to missing pages and major teeth marks!
our best attempt at a picture before church
Awwwwww
Mommy and her girls
Daddy and his girls
The Boys
best attempt at a family picture
another successful egg hunt - This round was with Pops and Lucy.
Payton (already in her jammies!) found some goodies, too!
Guess who showed up before bed with MORE EASTER GOODIES? Mr. Britton and Mrs. Michelle!
A Little Bedtime Snack

Our Easter Sunday was EXTRA SPECIAL this year! Not only were we celebrating our Risen Savior, but Landon went down front and made his public profession of faith! He asked Jesus into his heart a couple of months ago, but our church very rarely does an invitation. It was so special and such a neat time for our family! We are so proud of him! He will be baptized this Sunday! That post is coming soon! :-)

5 comments:

Katy said...

Now you know I loooove those matching smocked dresses! :) So cute. What a fun day. I can't get over how much Miss Payton changes everytime you post pictures! She is such a beauty, and it kills me that I can't play with her all the time like I did with L & R! :(
Beautiful family pics!!!

The Junods said...

Oh my heart is so touched by that sweet Landon! I cannot even imagine the feeling you and Brad must have had. Girl, yall are doin' it and doin' it well! That's what we pray for. I will write little Landon on my prayer list for next week's baptism. Can't wait to see pics.

Love those matching smockers! Where from? And you look beautiful in your pink/coral! Family pics are so surreal for me. I don't feel like we're old enough to have such grown up family pictures like these...aren't we still at the Village lathering up with cocobutter?

btw...i can't thank you enough for your all your encouragement. Means so much to know you're thinking and praying for us.

The Wilsons said...

That is WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for Landon and for you and Brad. I can only imagine how happy and proud you must be :)

angie said...

Way to go Landon!!! How cool is that that he got to go down on Easter!! You guys look so beautiful and I agree with Wendi that seeing family pictures is sometime surreal:). Great pictures!

shannonmichaelis said...

Love that color on you! Payton looks so old! Love that she has somewhat of a family name. Your kids looks so old to me!

And sweet Landon, I am sure your heart is just bursting at the brim. What an incredible thing for you to experience. I absolutely cannot wait for it!