Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday to Landon!


Landon's birthday celebrating has been strung out for a couple of weeks now, and it's not over yet! In my opinion, that's the way to do up a birthday right!

Uncle Greg was working in Frisco and came over a few nights before Landon's actual birthday to bring some gifts from him, Aunt Kristie, Brandt and Carson! We are so excited to have them in town off and on for the next couple of months!
The night before his birthday, we celebrated with some of our best buddies at McDonalds. These kids spend A LOT of time together and act more like siblings than friends! We love the Wades and the Borings!
LP on the morning of his 8th birthday! I can't believe I actually got a smile...
because this is what I normally get these days!
Or this!
Daddy and the big kids
Reagan's gift to her Bubba
(He opened many more gifts from family, but I won't bore you with so many pictures!)
Doc and Mimi came for the weekend!
Pops and Lucy
Mr. Britton and Mema
Landon might be the only kid in America that doesn't like cake or cupcakes. So, he opted for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bomb! (I didn't argue because this is my very favorite dessert!)
The weekend after his birthday, we headed to Waco to celebrate with the entire Boyd family. All Aunts, Uncles and cousins were in town! What a big ole' treat! They put together a Texas Rangers party for Landon!
The baseball pinjata was a huge hit! :-)
A cookie cake was the perfect dessert for this kid!
(More pictures of cousins and fun in Waco in my next post! Also - the partying continues the first weekend in May when Landon takes some friends to the Rough Riders game and home for a slumber party! WhooHoo!)

Landon Paul,
YOU ARE EIGHT! WHAT? When in the world did you grow up? You are such an incredible kid and you will never understand how much you are loved. I could make a list a mile long of things that I love about you. You are so funny, kind, compassionate, smart, and happy. You love your family like none other! You are going to make the most awesome man/husband one day because you are so understanding and tender hearted. I am so proud of the confidence you have shown this year and how well you have done in 2nd grade! Of all the reasons I could list, the one that makes your daddy and me so proud and thankful is your love for Jesus. You have such a heart for him and that is something I have prayed for you since the day you were born! I continue to pray that you will use all of your best qualities to follow hard after him and teach others along the way. You are leader and I know they will listen to all you have to tell them! I love you so much, Landon, and am so honored that God chose me to be your mom. Happy 8th Birthday! I cannot wait to see what year #9 has in store!

3 comments:

The Junods said...

Dat boy knows! PB BOMB BABY! Love him!! CanNOT believe he's 8. WHAT? What a precious boy! Love those tender hearted men! Awesome Rangers Party and I must say I always dreamed that the Rangers would do so well that I could take a friend to a game for my birthday. Uh, what...like to the world series in late october? Watkins family vacations were to the Ballpark in July so that's where I got my kicks. Love you and miss you! Happy birthday to your BIG BOY!

klp said...

happy birthday to your sweet boy. love this post. you all have such a great family!!!

Katy said...

8??????????? how in the world? mercy begonia as mimi says.

i still remember this little toddler yelling, "go sean" from the fence. :)

and will you please make me a PB bomb for my birthday?? love it! nice choice, landon man!

happiest of birthdays, and i canNOT believe how old you are!!