Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sam's and Riley's BIRTHday!

Sam and Riley are here and I am one happy aunt! Last Wednesday, June 22nd, we welcomed my newest nephew and first niece into this world! They are every bit of perfect and I am chomping at the bit to get back there on Saturday to hold and kiss them!

The day before Allison went in to be induced, Mimi treated us to a yummy, girly lunch and a pedicure!
Flower Power!
This picture was actually taken while Alli was in labor.
It was a little tough to get four feet up on her bed!
Mimi also had these cookies made for the crew that would be waiting in the waiting room for the babies to arrive! I will pretend that I just ate one pink one and one blue one.
That morning, Allison was supposed to be at a ceremony to receive her plaque for being completely finished with her residency. Of course, she had much more important things to do that day. BUT - all of her residency buddies came into her L&D room and presented her plaque to her! So cool!
Soon-to-be Mommy and Daddy
Doc & Mimi
Kyle's Parents, Randy and Anne
Twin Sisters! Alli and Erin
Big Sister Joins In
Kyle's Sister, Shea
Bless Alli's heart for being such a trooper when my kids came in to tell her hi!
It's GO Time!
Waiting....
and waiting...
and waiting some more
Sweet Alli ended up pushing for over 2 1/2 hours. Riley was positioned where she was trying to come out face first, which made it impossible for her to pass through Alli's pelvic bones. My precious dad sat at this nurses' station and watched every single contraction and every single push on the monitor...the entire time. Allison was such a champion, worked with all her might, and was determined to get those babies here naturally. Finally, after there was nothing more that she could do, they took her back for a C-section. We were very ready to finally meet our sweet babies and knew they would now be here within minutes!
The nurse came out and told us we could come see them in recovery. We walked (ran) back and this is what we saw! My heart was exploding with joy and relief that they were here and healthy! Thank you, Jesus!
Their stats were exactly the same. 6lbs 10oz and 19in long.
Proud Papa!
Granddaddies with the grandbabies
Mimi was trying to calm Riley. She was pretty beat up from the labor, and her little head was very tender to the touch. Not so sure she liked being passed around.
Aunt Shannon with her FIRST NIECE!!!
Aunt Ernie
Riley getting checked out
Sweet Snoozing Sam
This is my idea of HEAVEN! I got to go in the next morning when they all woke up and hold the babies while Alli got a little more rest and Kyle ran home to change. Seriously, I sat there the whole time thanking God for these amazing little peanuts.
My kids had gone home the day before when the wait became more than they could handle. (And more than I could handle with them being up there!) They got to come meet their new cousins the next day!
Reagan is thrilled to have a girl cousin!
Payton, Oh, Sweet Payton...this girl was all up in their business from the second she walked in the door. It's a good thing Payton's mommy is done having babies because she might be a little more "help" than I ever would need! She kept going over to Alli's bed, pulling her gown up and saying..."The Babies are Out!" Alli would never tell me, but I have a feeling she was a little relieved to see us exit her hospital room that day!
Kyle's Mom loving on her newest grandchildren
Riley Kate and Sam Houston
Uncle Brad holding the twins for the first time
We now have 7 nephews and one niece! Christmas is beginning to get expensive! :-)
Sic 'Em Sam!
All dressed up and ready to head home
SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY OF FOUR!
Aunt Shannon sort of threw their blankets on them. I promise Sam was under there somewhere!
Doc headed up the welcoming committee! He couldn't wait to help haul in the crew!
Daddy bringing in Sam

Sam and Riley,
Your Aunt Shannon is head over heals in love with the two of you. Being there the day you were born ranks up there with one of the greatest days of my life. You have an amazing (BIG) family who is so thankful to get to watch you grow up and teach you all about life. God blessed us with two incredible gifts! I love you both from your heads to your toes! I'll see you on Saturday!
Love,
Aunt Shannon

6 comments:

Miranda said...

2 beautiful blessing! I just want to kiss those sweet little cheeks! And the picture of the 2 of them together and Rileys little dimple.... Is absolute perfection.
Can't wait to see more pictures.

La Casa Chavez said...

I just smiled through this entire post! Congratulations, there is no better feeling than family.

~Shelly~ said...

Congrats! They are precious and lucky to have u as their Auntie! Glad it all went well!

Meg said...

how am i just now seeing this post?? ahhh it makes me tear up & smile!! how special it was to have both of her sisters there all day to share in her joy. the babies are gorgeous & i am ready to get my hands on them!! and when you come in to snuggle call the watwoods ;) xoxo!!

MLP said...

I feel your LOVE bursting out everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are amazing, Shannon!!!

Ear piercing, beautiful babies, and everything in between! LOVE it ALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

angie said...

I am crying. I am so happy for Alli and your while family. I'm thankful that she has sisters and lives close to Mimi:). What wonderful blessings!!!