Monday, April 9, 2012

Reid, Babies and STOMACH BUGS!

This particular weekend started off wonderfully! We had my nephew, Reid, for a couple of nights while his parents were skiing in Colorado. We had such a fantastic time and my kids LOVED having their cousin here to play all weekend.

Reid had been with JD's parents the night before and they made him this little folder with pictures of Rip Clutchgoneski (from CARS 2) stapled inside. Stores don't carry Rip, so he didn't have that particular car. He carried this folder around ALL weekend! It was precious! (And since then, his Aunt Alli has taken care of the fact that he didn't own Rip. She found it on EBay and you have never seen a happier boy!)
just a couple of the multitude of cars that we played with all weekend
(Erin and JD left him a little gift each morning while they were gone. Most mornings it was something related to CARS.)
new CARS watch
We took him to the Rocketship Park!
up at the tippy top
pouting on the space shuttle
my littlest alien
Reagan and her buddy Brooke
When Sunday rolled around, I was supposed to head to Waco to help my mom. She was keeping my other sister, Allison's, babies and also taking care of my dad who was in the hospital after having knee replacement surgery! Needless to say, her hands were full and I was on my way to be of some assistance. I had intended to drop Reid back off with JD's parents (who also had Reid's brother, Brewer), but his mother came down with the stomach bug. So - plan B. I would take Reid to Waco with me and they would meet us there when she was feeling better.
Payton was very excited about the new plan because it meant more time with Reid!
That evening, we had so much fun with these two little peanuts.
Happy Sam!
This boy rarely stops smiling!
My precious Riley didn't appreciate my attempt at getting her to smile. I got what I could!
Beautiful Blue-eyed Baby!
There's a smile!
On Monday, the babies went back to their house to stay with Lauren for a while and then Kyle's mom would be there later that day to keep them until Allison and Kyle returned home from the ski trip. My mom headed off to work. Payton and I spent the day visiting my dad and I got to spend quite a bit of time with Lauren while she watched the twins. That evening, things took a drastic turn for the worse! I started feeling pretty sick and by 11:00 that night, I was deathly ill, and so were my mom and Payton. We all were either throwing up or on the potty (or both!) all night long. My mom was amazing and still took care of both of us while she was sick as well.
(This was P the day we all ended up getting sick)
For two days this was about all that entered our bodies!
I am not kidding when I say that this virus was BRUTAL! Let me just tell you who all took the fall along with us (that had been around us or the babies!).
Allison (my sister on the ski trip was sick their first night there), BriAnn (Sam's and Riley's babysitter) Me, Mom, Payton, Betty (mom's cousin that was there helping with the babies and my dad before we got there), Pat (another cousin that was there helping), Lauren, Kyle's mom, Kyle's sister, Kyle's niece, Kyle's nephew
WOW! Thank goodness that it passed and I was able to hang out in Waco and not bring those nasty germs home with me!

I know a lot of this post was a little too much information and very wordy, but I didn't want to forget the details! It was certainly a weekend to remember! YUCK!

2 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Oh Shannon! I (unfortunately) feel your pain!!! The stomach virus ripped through our family and hit us all. It was the WORST!!! Glad y'all are better!!

~Shelly~ said...

Oh no, I would rather give birth than to have a stomach bug! Jeffrey & I had one 2 years ago & it was SO BRUTAL! I was at it for 7-8 hours straight. Never been that sick in my life. Thankfully we havent had one since then (knock on wood) but Kinley has had 3 over this last year.. her last one being when Presley was 6 days old!!! No one else caught it from her tho, phew! Glad yall are back to normal.