Sweet Reagan had her tonsils and adenoids taken out over the Memorial Day Weekend. I had heard both good stories and horror stories about the recovery. I am sad to report that we fell in the Horror Story category. It was a rough road and I am so thankful it is behind us. I do understand that in the big scheme of things, tonsil surgery isn't a big deal. But, I am pretty sure if someone would have reminded me of that while I was in the midst of it, I might have punched them. Reagan didn't eat for a solid week and when she did try to nibble on something, it made her sick. It was not fun! If it weren't for Mimi and Doc coming to help keep me sane, I might have run far, far away! I am thankful for how she is feeling now. She sleeps so much better, she never complains of a sore throat and she hasn't been sick yet. (Knock on wood!)
 |
Brave girl ready to head into surgery! She is holding Toby, the caterpillar her Aunt Alli got when she got her tonsils out 28 years ago! |
 |
| Finished and not ready to smile for a picture. |
 |
| Got a smile! (a very brief smile!) |
 |
| Heading Home |
 |
When she woke up from her nap, she had flowers from Ms. Maurine waiting! She also got the pajamas she has on along with another pair from Mr. Britton and Mema. After this picture, things began to go downhill fast! |
 |
| Two of her best friends, Brooke and Tess, came to visit that evening. |
 |
They brought some fun surprises that included the awesome lollypop tree in the background! The huge dog on Reagan's lap was from her Doc and Mimi! She and Doc named him Digger. |
 |
| That Sunday we headed up to Sherman for a little relaxing with Pops and Maurine. Reagan spent a little time floating around the pool in her new suit and sunglasses her Aunt Alli and Aunt Ernie sent! |
 |
| Can't tell she feels crummy from the looks of this pose! |
 |
This was how the rest of the week looked. She was miserable.
|
SO thankful the surgery is behind us! Thankful for a little girl that is feeling great this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment