Saturday, January 31, 2009

Girls' Day!

I have mentioned in previous posts that we have an "adopted family" - Mr. Britton and Mrs. Michelle. Today, Mrs. Michelle, along with her daughters-in-law, Erica and Krista, treated my mom, my mother-in-law, my sister, Reagan, and me to a day of pampering! We started with manicures and pedicures and then went to such a fun, girly lunch! I cannot tell you what a treat it was and how special it was just to get to be with those people a few days before Payton gets here.
Erica, Lucy, Alli, Mimi, Krista, Reagan , Michelle and Me!
We love our Mrs. Michelle!
Mimi and Reagan getting set for the pedicure (and yes - Reagan chose blue for her toes!)

I really don't know where this "girly-girl" came from - she LOVES stuff like this. I could be in serious trouble in the years to come.

On goes the first coat of BLUE!


The most gorgeous flowers were waiting for me on the center of our table when we got to lunch. I wish you could see them in person.....INCREDIBLE!

And if Michelle, Krista and Erica have not done enough already (I didn't mention that they had already taken me to Babies R Us to pick out a highchair, book basket, clothes, etc.) there were more gifts for Payton!

Reagan is ready for a real doll to dress!

Michelle, Krista and Erica,

I know I don't tell you often enough, but you are so special to me and to my family. Why God chose the five of us to be blessed by you, Mr. Britton, John and Michael, I have no idea. Man, did we hit the jackpot! You are the most selfless, generous people I have ever met. Thank you, thank you, thank you for pampering us today and for loving us like your own every day! I love you so very much!

Mom, Lucy and Alli,

Thank you for making the drive to come spend the day with us! I love you!

Shannon

4 comments:

Katy said...

Mrs. Michelle and Mr. Britton are awesome! So sweet! And I'm with you on not knowing where this girly daughter came from! AnnMarie and Reagan are soo similar at times! ;)

angie said...

So sweet Shannon. I am praying for you.:)

Miranda said...

I heart girl days out....

Tammy said...

Wow!! That is amazing! I need a girl, right!? ;) What incredible people. I am so glad you had a super fun time!
Praying for you and your sweet Payton's arrival! yeah!!!