Friday, January 9, 2009

Weekend with the Girls

Last weekend 6 of my best buddies and I all spent two days without kids or husbands in Waco. We have started naming these weekends after who they are supposed to be "centered around." The last time we were together, we called it WW1 because our dear Wendi was about to head off to live for a few years in Doha, Qatar. Well...this weekend was called SB1....for me! They made my weekend so special by celebrating the upcoming arrival of sweet Baby Payton! We had lunch at a great girly spot in Waco called Sironia. They even had special cupcakes made just to my liking......peanut butter ones! They were super yummy! Payton got so many wonderful gifts and we are set with diapers for a while! The weekend was full of relaxing, laughing, crying, staining couches, standing in lines for entirely too long, would you rathers and tales made by a thrown ball! THANK YOU so much to all my sweet friends for making this weekend so special. I am blessed beyond measure to call you my lifelong friends. I cannot wait for KS1 coming up this summer! Yippee!! (Thank you Shannon M for the wonderful pictures!)
Lauren, Caryn, me, Wendi, Katy, Ann and Shannon

The Oh-So-Yummy Peanut Butter Cupcakes!

Gifts for Payton!

7 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

love it! i need to post about christmas before SB1 weekend. had an absolute blast. please keep us up-to-date these last few weeks! pray that God opens my womb! :-)

Miranda said...

I love seeing all you guys together. That is great that you have remained such good friends after ALL these years. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of baby Payton too. How exciting!

The Junods said...

oh lordy! that made me laugh out loud! miss you like crazy already! keep me updated. do you think waco people wonder who the random girl is with yall or do they think i'm someone they know? makes me laugh. love you to pieces!!! xoxo

angie said...

So sweet I love the pictures:) SB1 is perfect. I cannot wait for your sweet baby to arrive!

MLP said...

HOW FUN!!! Nothing like sweet friends like you guys!

So excited for you and baby girl! I'll be checking your blog for the latest LOTS!

Love the drawing on the previous post!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON BABY PEYTON!!!

Nicki W. said...

oh shannon! this is so exciting! i know you cannot wait! enjoy the next two weeks and get ready to be blessed beyond belief!!