Monday, February 23, 2009

What A Weekend!

I must say, we just had the best weekend! My entire family (minus Uncle Kyle....We missed you!) came into town for a visit. I didn't capture near as many moments with my camera as I wished I would have (I didn't get one picture of Cooper or Aunt Alli! I am so sorry guys!), but the weekend could not have been more perfect. My parents came and took the three older kids to stay the weekend in hotels with them. They stayed the first night at one here by our house and then the second night in downtown Dallas. They came home with many stories to tell about dinner at Pizza Planet, the children's museum, the ride on the DART, the dinner in the hotel, the cool elevator,etc. Doc and Mimi really outdid themselves! The memories they made with them this weekend will be treasured! With the kids gone, this gave "us adult kids" time to just spend hanging out and getting in some good quality time. I have not had time with my two sisters like that in a very long time. We had dinner out on Friday night and spent Saturday running errands and just enjoying being together without the stress of entertaining young ones! (Payton doesn't count....she slept the entire time we were out!) Erin, JD, Reid, Allison, Blake, Ashley and Cooper - Thank you for making the trip to meet Payton! She loves her aunts, uncles and cousins so very much! Doc and Mimi - Once again, you guys are amazing! I don't think our kids know how lucky they are! Love you all!
Aunt Ash and Payton

Payton snoozing on her Uncle Blake

Aunt Ernie, Uncle JD and Reid with Payton

Four of the five grandkids...I am still so sad I didn't get a picture with Cooper!

Reid and Uncle Brad

Uncle JD, Reagan and Landon

4 comments:

The Junods said...

What a dreamy weekend! For all of you! What a treat for your kids. What hard work for your parents but I know they loved every minute of their grandbabies being together! And even better that you had so much fun with all the siblings! That is awesome So fun having a big family! I'm sorry we haven't talked. I think about you so often. Will try to catch you on a Tues or Thurs when there are less kiddos. Love you!

Caryn said...

What a fantastic weekend!!!!! There is just nothing better than when to whole family can get together, so glad you guys were able to make that happen. And bravo Doc and MiMi, sounds like they ran quite the entertainment station! That Reid is sure a dollbaby!! I hadn't seen pictures of him in awhile.

shannonmichaelis said...

reid is such a chunker! love the photos - when is ashley due? so fun that all your family got to be together. and how great that all the three kids got to have a fun time in a hotel! go doc and mimi!

angie said...

Oh that looked so fun! Your parents really know how to entertain the grandkids!!! I love seeing Blake and Ashley with sweet baby Payton. And I always love seeing the cousin pics! She is just beautiful Shannon:)