Monday, April 13, 2009

In A Galaxy, Far, Far Away...

Landon is celebrating his 6th Birthday!

Landon turns 6 on Wednesday and we celebrated this weekend with a Star Wars party! We had it at the pavilion by our neighborhood clubhouse. It was super duper windy, so all the decorations, table clothes, etc. that I had planned were scrapped. Oh well! The kids didn't care in the least! There are many pictures, and until I learn to make a slide show, you will have to just scroll down to see them all. Enjoy!

The guest of honor and his leading lady....Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia

I love this picture! It was not posed. She was sitting against this tree waiting for all the quests to arrive.

And this was what made the party a success! Doc (my dad) and Pops (Brad's dad) dressed up as Yoda and Darth. They were such troopers and kids absolutely loved them.

Luke and Darth Vader (Brad's dad..."Pops")

Leia, Luke and Yoda (My dad..."Doc")

Light Saber cupcakes

Yoda Soda (aka: green sherbet and Sprite)

Of course Yoda was responsible for handing out the Yoda Soda.

Pinata Time! Landon opening his gifts


We decorated homemade light sabers. The wind made it a little tough to keep the stickers, pipe cleaners, etc. from blowing away!

Battling Darth Vader

Part of the crew...most of the girls sat at the other table.

As you can see, we had the best time! Doc and Pops, you win the award for the best granddads ever! I bet there aren't many out there who would do what you guys did to make a special little boy so happy! THANK YOU!

May the Force Be With You!

9 comments:

Caryn said...

OMG I am laughing historically at Yoda and Darth Vader - THAT IS AWSOME!! Seriously what amazing grandparents!! Looks like the birthday boy (and all his guests) had a blast! Princess Leia was darlin...and hilarious too Great party SO SO sad to miss it :( You were seriously missed at our festivities. Happy Birthday Landon!!!

Caryn said...

Sorry I meant AWESOME :)

Katy said...

Um...I just about wet my pants laughing at that adorable Princess Leia. Hysterical!!! You did such a great job planning that party! I will be calling you one day when Baby Clark requests a Star Wars party!! :) Happy Birthday, LP from AM!!

shannonmichaelis said...

that is freakin' hilarious! those grandfathers rock! i ALWAYS wanted to be princess laya. ashley and i are up in the middle of the night on the computer due to our messed up time schedules. so glad to be in doha!

The Junods said...

Shannon this was adorable and so funny too! What a treat for L! Reagan looks too cute! I loved all the details. Great party!

angie said...

Oh my!!! That was an awesome party! The costumes totally make it, Darth and Yoda, and your kids are hilarious:) Everything looks perfect and Landon looks like he had an awesome time. Way to go Shannon! Thanks for all the ideas. You will see them repeated in Sept.!!!

Kacey said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is the cutest star wars party i have ever seen. I know one Ryan Wood who will be very jealous:)

rackersfamily said...

Cute, cute, idea! May have to steal that one in a few years...

Anonymous said...

cutest lil party, love it! ur dad is too funny!