Sunday, February 7, 2010

She's ONE!!!

Our sweet Payton turned ONE yesterday! It is so hard for this mommy to believe that my baby girl has been here for one solid year. Time has flown and it makes me a little (OK...A LOT!) sad! We had such a great time celebrating with our family. I will post pictures of her party in the next day or so, but I wanted to get some of my favorite pictures from this month put up here before I let another day go by.

I can't help but start off with this one!
This is so true for this baby girl...Her entire life IS being blogged! But - hopefully she will love having it all documented when she gets older! (since I have yet to start her baby book...oops!)

Payton got sick this month and we found out that she has kidney reflux in both of her kidneys. Yuck! We are thankful to have caught it and now hoping we can prevent further infections. This was one of the days she just felt crummy! She slept most of the day on either her daddy or me. Poor baby!

Here she is waiting at the doctor's office to have her kidneys checked. Such a cute little patient!
Little Sister and Big Sister
This is how she greets us after each sleep. Isn't bed head the best?
I love those lashes and lips!
Six Teeth!
She still loves to wave at everyone she sees.

Updates:
*She is not walking yet, but will stand for short periods of time on her own and walks to and from pieces of furniture like a champ.
*She is officially on whole milk in a sippy cup! No more bottles!
*She now faces the front in the car and has not been a huge fan of it. I am hoping this changes soon!
*She still is not a super sleeper, but is going to bed easily on her own and sleeps until about 6:30 most mornings.
*We go tomorrow for her 1 year check-up, but my guess is she is weighing around 23-24lbs and is around 30in tall.
*She LOVES her brother and sister so much.
*She is saying....Mommy, Daddy, Bubba, RayRay, baby, Mimi, ni-ni (night-night), bye-bye, hi, MayMay (Megan...her best friend!), ca-ker (cracker), baaa (bath)
*She is a great eater. This didn't used to be the case. Lately she will pretty much eat anything and everything you put in front of her.
*She has a little bit of a temper. She likes to have things her way and if that doesn't happen, she lets you have it! (hits, screams, etc.) So lovely!
*She is spoiled rotten! Being the baby and having two older siblings doesn't help much. We LOVE having her in our lives!

Payton,
We love you so very much and cannot believe you are one! What would we ever do without you? You bring us so much joy and keep us laughing. We cannot wait to see what this next year brings and how much you change. Although it makes Mommy sad to see you growing up so quickly, I am excited to see the little girl that you begin to turn into this next year! WE LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU SWEET P and are so thankful you are OURS!







9 comments:

Katy said...

wow. it's been a year??? how???? crazy. Happy Birthday, little peanut!
She and Clark weigh the same!! hehe

and---I LOVE the blogging shirt. hilarious. hugs from the svobodas!

MLP said...

What a PRECIOUS little SWEETHEART! Her smile just gets me. She is so full of love and life!!! Like her mommy! I know I always say that, but it's true!

I will pray for her little kidneys. Hope she is all better now.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!

Love that blogging shirt...too funny!

The Junods said...

I cannot believe it! Sweet birthday girl! These pictures are priceless! The blog shirt and the sleeping pic with the adorable hat and jacket...those lashes and lips. Yep...make me melt! So sorry she's been sick! Can't wait to the rest of the pictures from the weekend. Love you all and miss you more than you know.

Caryn said...

I was just thinking about that little birthday-girl this morning wondering how the par-tay went!! Happy Birthday Payton you are one PRECIOUS baby girl!! I love all the pictures, sleeping in her snugly hat or laughing they were are darling.

Let's get together! Let me know if you guys have any free nights this week.

Meg said...

KILLS ME how fast it goes!! she is so cute i can't stand it!! she looks a little mischeiveous ;). have fun celebrating your baby girl!! :)

angie said...

Happy Birthday sweetie pie Payton! These are some great pictures (minus the sick one...so sad!). I cannot believe she's one. Sweet sweet post mrs.Brown!

~Shelly~ said...

Aw happy birthday sweet girl! I hope her kidneys heal well & that she doesnt endure anymore pain!
I love that shirt too! lol!

Tammy said...

No WAY! I don't believe it! Happy Happy Birthday sweet Payton! She is just precious and so beautiful... just like her mommy!

shannonmichaelis said...

You know I have it written on my calendar that her bday is Monday but I never emailed you about it. Happy birthday day! The last time you may ever have a one year old birthday. Those photos are precious! And I had no idea about the kidney problems. I will be praying that her body heals itself of that problem. SO sad! The blog shirt just makes me die laughing. Love it all!