(This will be boring to most of you, but I want to document this for my family!) Brad and I had gone back and forth for a while trying to decide what we wanted to do with our filthy carpet downstairs. (It's upstairs as well, but we are only replacing the downstairs floors at this time...unless, in the next few weeks a money tree begins to grow out back!) Originally, we thought it would be best to just replace the old carpet with new carpet and leave all the tile in the entry and hallways. I have always loved and wanted real, hand-scraped, wood floors, but I knew those came with a hefty price tag and were probably way out of our designated "floor budget!" Much to our surprise, we found a place that our good friends had recently used, and were able to get an incredible deal on the floors I have always dreamed of having! The process was long (about 2 weeks!) and the mess was enormous (and still is!) but I love the finished product!
This is what my kitchen looked like for almost 2 weeks.

They had to tape off everything because of the dust from jackhammering the tile!

The playroom full of tools!
After the first day, we had a base floor...
and more dust than I care to talk about.
Soon, they had the floors put down. These had to settle for a solid week before they came back to scrape and stain them. This means living in dust and chaos until they returned!

more raw wood
after the first day of scraping and staining

They are finally finished!
No rugs are put down yet and cannot be for another couple of weeks.

4 comments:
GIRL! Those are gorgeous! So worth every bit of energy, time, money and dust! You are going to be so glad you did that now. They really are beautiful. Can't wait to see them in person. I love the pics you took. Before and Afters are the best!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the new floors!! Those are my absolute favorite too!! Can't wait to see them and YOU in person soon. :)
How beautiful, Shannon!! What a fun thing you have going on!! I love redoing and updates to houses!! so fun. Glad you are getting to enjoy those pretty floors. yay!
Gorgeous! I love me some wood floors and hoping our next house comes equipped with them!
Post a Comment