Friday, April 17, 2009

What's with this background?

Look at this sweet smile! I know I am his mother, but I sure think this picture of my big 6-year-old (soon to be 1st grader) is great! I am just hacked that it had to take place against this silly backdrop. Really? It looks like he has been photo shopped onto a Thomas Kinkade painting. Nothing against Thomas Kinkade! Very rarely do we get a picture where a smile doesn't look forced and when we get this priceless smile, it has to be against a fake wall with dorky painted flowers. (Does anyone in the year 2009 still use the word "dorky" or is it just me? I sound more and more like my mother every day!) I guess beggars can't be choosers and I better take this smile when I can get it....cheesy backdrop and all!
Man, I love this kid!

4 comments:

angie said...

He he:-) Tha is SUCH a great picture of him! I don't know why they can't just use a black or white backdrop, it's just silly! You will be so glad that you have this picture in the future that you probably won't even notice the backdrop (or that's what I try to tell myself about things like this!)

Caryn said...

Such a cute picture!! And I have seen much worse for backdrops, with that sweet heart in the picture the backdrop just fades away :) Sort of like the way the flowers in the backdrop are fading away

Katy said...

You mean he's not really at an old brick castle in Italy amongst a garden of beautiful flowers????? what??? who chose that one for EVERYONE? GEEZ
Anyway, #1 yes, I still use the word dorky. #2 yes, that is a PRECIOUS picture of LP! I love it!!!

The Mecks said...

What a sweet little boy with a crazy background! I hope all is going well with you!